Saturday, November 17, 2007

Night of the Living Dead

Tonight I ordered Chinese food. I was hungry and was craving General Tao/Tso chicken. They don't have that here but I wanted to try the closest thing I could get. I'll start the story off with a bit of an interactive writer-reader challenge. Can you guess what's in this mystery bag?

To be fair a lot of things came in those mystery bags. Things I didn't even order. I still have no idea what this stuff is. If someone knows, please leave a comment. It tastes sort of fishy and looks like large Styrofoam chips/crisps. This is not the thing in the mystery bag mentioned above, though. Keep guessing!

I was too hungry to take picture then so this is what was left over from my feast last night. I had eight mini-spring rolls, which didn't last for the photo. They were really good. Also, the chicken is missing but it used to be in that plastic container filled with orange sauce and some mystery vegetable. If you know what that vegetable is please let me know. Fun fact:It's a nice plastic container, I think I'll be able to reuse it. Last chance to guess before I reveal the mystery item.

Finally, the answer you've all be waiting for! (Except those that just scrolled down here right away, way to not play along and cheat the system.) This is my crowning achievement for food purchases in London. Half a liter of delicious Belgian chocolate Häagen-Dazs ice cream. I'm saving it for tonight. Unless, of course, I get hungry before then. But since it's already mid-afternoon I don't think that will be a problem.

Despite my diet I am still alive. I watched Sicko last night, so I'm feeling pretty good about our health care. Then I watched 28 Weeks Later and that balanced it out. I don't recommend wasting your time with 28 Week Later unless you would have otherwise had to spend that hour and a half of your life watching anime.

No comments: