Thursday, November 29, 2007

Working Life

Work is good. It has kept me busy these past few days. I don't have any real news, maybe once I get settled in I'll have some interesting stories to tell, or at least something to complain about. Until then, here are some pictures from a few weeks ago.

This is a pretty cool sink in some restaurant/bar near Covent Garden station. The basin is make of some sort of waxy fake-wood (maybe coated, real wood but I doubt it).

This is a hand dryer in the same bathroom. It took me a while to figure out how I was supposed to use it (read: I didn't read the very obvious, clear instructions). You put your hands straight down inside of it triggering what seemed like a modified jet engine, then you lift them up slowly. It works suspiciously well. It pushes action pushes the water down your hand towards your fingertips then off. Much faster than standard dryers.

No comments: