Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Ball of Whacks

Yesterday I was working from home and finally got a chance to play with my Ball of Whacks (while eating lunch). It is a set of 30 magnetic shapes that you can combine in any number of different ways. In doing so, you're supposed to be able to spark creativity or just have fun. Even from a different angle (perspective) a creation may look different (symbolic of problem solving - they like to play that up).

Here are some pictures of the things I made, along with what I thought they resembled. Maybe they'll remind you of something else - that's the whole point.

A sea anemone.

An AT-ST.

A windmill.

A biker and his motorcycle.

A farmer his wife and and their dog.

A chair.

A scorpion.

A dog scratching his side with his back paw.

A chipmunk on its hind legs.

A lobster directing an orchestra, Disney-style.

A tri-force..with ears?

In case you're wondering, I made the descriptions less visible to give you a chance to play along. If you are having trouble my "answers" then highlight the text (if you're lazy, use Select All).

1 comment:

Roger von Oech said...

These are gorgeous! Nice work!

Roger von Oech

http://blog.creativethink.com