Monday, October 8, 2007

Neighbourhood Photos

I was finally able to get a real pillow today (two actually - they come in pairs). I'm not sure how they managed to be out of stock on them for two days. Here are some pictures of my neighbourhood.

This is a picture of my building and the store downstairs owned by the landlord's relatives. There are actually several buildings in a row so I'm not actually sharing 1 bathroom and 1 kitchen with 16 people, just 3+me.


Here's a picture of the tavern across the street. I went in there today to see if they would serve me food and I saw a toothless granny and a bunch of elderly men. The waitress was not particularly interested in serving me and needless to say I didn't get any lunch (from here).

A picture of the other houses in my area.


I got take-away from this place yesterday. It was amazing and the price is good too. It's probably awful for me but I'm sure I will be back there quite a bit. Sorry Mom.


The nearest tube station. The trolleys come above-ground here so when you get on it's more like a train than a metro but it dips underground shortly after departing so you don't get to see much of the city while you're traveling.


Here's a picture of the main street, taken from almost the same spot as the picture of Leyton station except looking into town. You can't tell from the photo but I'm standing on an overpass (over a highway) so there's is more town behind me. Just off to the left is what I've come to think of as "mini-America" which is a series of chain stores (ASDA, Pizza Hut, Fitness First, KFC and some place that looked like BureauEnGros) that wouldn't be out of place back home even if the names are slightly different..


I'm going to watch some American TV but I may be posting again later to explain what I want to do and how I plan to do it.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Hehehehe cute neighbourhood.
Mmmm Best Fried Chicken.