Saturday, October 6, 2007

Design Museum

The highlight of my trip so far - and the only touristy thing I've allowed myself to do, incase I still don't have a job next month.

The Design Museum borders the Thames. This is a giant head with the outside of the museum in the background (you can see the writing on the wall).

They had a section about some company that created theme fonts. This one is called "Expletive Script" and I can't remember what it was based on. The picture is really awful but I still wanted to put it up.

They had a section making politcal statements about current events. This was one about consumerism and North Korea.

I felt really good after going there. There was a really amazing architectural exhibit and it made me realize how "in the box" my designs have become. I bought a book about web portfolios so I could see what other people have been doing. I'm planning to redesign mine next week to keep busy while I wait for them to install my internet. Maybe being disconnected from everything and everyone will make me go crazy and thus become an artist instead of a designer.

I plan to get a membership there, it's really cheap for people under 26. Something like £20 instead of £150. (The bonus to being at an internet cafe is that I can make the symbol for pounds.)

No comments: