Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Job Search: Phase 1.0 (and Freeview!)

Wow, another week-long gap. I've been avoiding writing updates because I've been waiting to hear about another job. I went for an interview last week and I didn't want to get ahead of myself. I had a second one at the same company this morning.

On my way back from that interview I stopped at a Maplin (similar to Radio Shack/The Source) and bought a USB add-on that lets me watch TV on my computer. British free TV is a lot better than Montreal's. There are a lot more channels and (so far) better content. I was reading up on these little TV-USB things last night and all of them had at least one bad review saying the included aerial was rubbish but it's working perfectly for me. I must be near the transmitter. To get an idea of what sort of programming I get with Freeview you can check out their website. I saw somewhere that I might be able to watch The Daily Show but I'll have to double check that.

I'll post another update later this afternoon once I find out about the job.

Update: I'm watching Top Gear right now. Live! Amazing!

No comments: