Friday, October 5, 2007

Design Museum

Today was good but it had a bit of a rough ending so I am a little stressed. I got the place, but I didn't get bedding. Apparently it isn't in a very good neighbourhood and now I'm locked in for at least six months. The landlord is really nice and it is in a fairly good spot but I have a sinking feeling about it. I only have 6 minutes left on my internet timer and I didn't get to talk to all the people I wanted to. I want to get back to my place before it's too late. Maybe I'll be able to get dialup tomorrow. The high point of my day was walking across Tower Bridge and going to The Design Museum. There was a really cool architecture exhibit. Apparently they offer internships for web designers, I don't know if I would be able to afford that though but I would love to apply. Only 3 minutes left now so I better wrap this up. Pictures will come tomorrow, hopefully. No time to check for typos, I'll get to that tomorrow too.

2 comments:

Mel said...

So I assume you will try and get bedding tomorrow?

It doesn't matter if it isn't in a "good" neighbourhood, doesn't necessarily mean this one is REALLY bad or anything. What makes it a bad neighbourhood? Is it slummy? I mean, that really doesn't matter as long as you like the actual place you're living in and the people. Where exactly is this apartment located? As long as it's close to where you need to be.

Oooh I wanna see The Design Museum :)

Internships for web designers, eh?

So looking for jobs, did you look at this site?:
http://www.jobsearch.co.uk/search.cgi?so=&keywords=&cat=23&ro=399&sr=205&r=&l=&e=year&contract_all=1&a=31&image.x=42&image.y=14
Looks like they've got a few good web designer jobs. I don't exactly know what area you're in so I didn't pick anything other than "London", so it's pretty general. But I'm sure you already looked there.

Scot said...

Thanks for the link. Anywhere in London is probably ok, I don't think I'll find any web work near my place. The neighbourhood is a bit slummy but I'm not concerned about that. Apparently it's a little rough but I don't think it will be a big problem. I'm pretty close to the tube station and on the corner of a decently lit steet above a dep and across from a pub (there will usually be people around one of those).